Banana Bread Brownies
Omo–these are so amazing! It’s an on-line recipe, but one to keep forever.
Amy’s Heavenly Banana Pudding
Today’s offering is by our resident baker, Amy, who married two recipes into one with this Daebak dessert.
For this desert, you’ll need 3 Large Mixing Bowls and a good strong mixer. It makes enough for a house party, and with no left overs. Guaranteed!
Bowl 1: Home Made Whipping Cream.. Add 2 cups whipping cream. Beat until it starts to thicken. Add 5 Tbs powdered sugar. Continue beating until it has a strong thick consistency. Refrigerate to keep cool.
Bowl 2: Pudding Mixture. Add 2 boxes of your favorite instant pudding (vanilla, banana, or sweet cream) and 3 cups milk. Beat with a mixer until it nice and smooth. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Bowl 3: Cream one block of cream cheese, and one can of sweet milk. Beat with a mixer until firm.
* Combine the ingredients of all three bowls into one large bowl. In a 9X13 pan place a layer of your favorite short bread cookie (frozen, so they stay crunchier), and fresh bananas. Cover with 1/3 of pudding mixture. Repeat until all the pudding has been used.
Bun Thit Nuong
This fresh dish was perfect for a warm, sunny, spring day, grilling on the grill, and so filling for our 3 hours of drama-watching! Marinating the meat overnight will make this dish pop!
- 1-2 stalks lemon grass
- 1 small chopped ginger root
- 3 TBS vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 TBS fish sauce
- 1 tsp MSG
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 key lime juiced
- 1-2 Thai chili peppers (optional)
Run through food processor until all is incorporated.
- 3.5 lbs Boneless roast beef thinly sliced.
Place in plastic bag and marinate meat overnight in the refrigerator.
Place on bar-b-que skewers and grill until fully cooked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 7-10 minutes.
- 2 large lemons
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Mix lemon juice from 2 large lemons with sugar, water, fish sauce and minced garlic, with 1 Thai pepper chopped for some extra heat (optional).
Boil rice noodles until cooked al dente. Exact time will depend on type of noodle used.
- Various fresh green herbs: Roughly chopped mint, cilantro, perilla.
- Dried fried onions
- Pickled shredded carrot in vinegar
- Pickled shredded daikon root in vinegar
- Bean sprout salad with sliced cucumbers and lettuce tossed together
- Sliced green mangos (not ripened)
Assemble in bowl, with bed of noodles, then the meat, then the various vegetables and sweet sauce.
So, you know how difficult rolling sushi rolls are, with those bamboo mat thingies? Well, this is EASY, when you do it with rice paper.
Rice Paper, 1 cup cooked rice, Dried seaweed, 4 Eggs (made into an omelet or crape and cut into 1/2 inch x 4 inch strips), 1 large Carrot, Kimchi (of course), Imitation crab meat, barely cooked Spinach, and Korean red pepper paste (gochu-jang) *optional. Makes about 15 rolls.
Assembly (click on any picture):